Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Brownie-Cookie Bars

   Here I am, baking again! Actually, that shouldn't really surprise anyone, I love to bake. Baking is my one get away from reality, when I don't have any new books to read. I also felt like my father should get a sweet treat after his long flight home from India, and what a sweet treat this is! I actually did not follow a recipe time, I just threw two things together and hoped for the best. I have made Brownie-Cookie Dough Bars, so it is basically the same idea. And, I'll admit, I did use a box brownie mix, and only because my attempts at making brownies from scratch failed. Multiple times. They just come out too crumby! Besides, I am all out of cocoa powder from make the brownie in a mug for my sister, Macy. Boy does she love those! 

Anyways, you will want to get all your ingredients together. The easiest way to make this recipe is to get pre-made brownie and cookie mixes, but I used this recipe for my cookie part. I actually only made half that cookie recipe and still found that I had some leftover dough. More cookies for me!

   After you get your ingredients you are going to want to prepare the brownie batter. Make sure to follow the directions on the box, since every mix is different. Then spread the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Set aside for now.

   Next, prepare the cookie dough. Follow the given directions (make only 1/2 the recipe if making your own cookie dough) and then drop spoonfuls on top of the brownie batter. Now this is where you can get creative. You can swirl the cookie dough or spread it to cover the brownies, just make sure it is on top of the batter.




    Bake for 40 minutes and viola! You have made yourself some amazing brownies!



Recipe:
1 box Brownie Mix, prepared
1 box Cookie Mix, prepared

1. Preheat oven to 350˚ and grease a 9x13 pan. You can also line with parchment paper
2. Spread the prepared brownie batter so that it is evenly distributed within the pan. Then drop spoonfuls of the prepared cookie dough on top.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
* Cool completely before cutting*

What did I do with the remaining cookie dough? Make cookies of course! Just follow baking instructions for the cookies, which normally cook for 8-10 minutes.


Try this recipe? Comment down below and tell me how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment