Either way, it was a fairly simple recipe and I did already have a majority of the ingredients around the house. Oh, and those little bread things are from the garlic cheese bites I also made today, in honor of creating a full meal. Also, I added chicken since this recipe didn't call for it, but in order to be a full meal there should be some sort of protein in it.
I also used whole wheat pasta, just to make it a little more healthier. Whole wheat pasta does take a little longer to cook though, so keep that in mind. Also, you get the idea of how much room the ingredients take up, so definitely do not try using a small pan!
Like all boiling good, it does look like less once the noodles start getting softer. And you would have no idea how amazing the house smelled. In between the cheese bites and this, it was amazing!
Maybe if you're feeling super fancy, you can even set the table for yourself. The kissing dogs are actually salt and pepper shakers, how cute! Anyways, this dinner is awesome and actually great for someone on a budget. And if you live along, this will probably get you through the week in regards to meal plans.
Serves: 6 people
8 oz Mushrooms, washed1 14 oz. can Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
5 cups Vegetable Broth
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
12 oz Fettuccine Noodles
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
4 oz Frozen Cut Spinach
1. Slice mushrooms and onion thinly, and chop artichoke hearts into bite size pieces as well.
2. Place vegetable broth, olive oil, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, onions, and garlic in a large pot. Break the noodles in half and add it to the pot as well. Save the frozen spinach 'till the end. Also add in the spices and some cracked pepper if preferred.
3. Push the ingredients beneath the broth as much as possible, then place a lid over the pot and bring it to a rolling boil over high heat.
4. As soon as it reaches that boil, turn the heat down and let it simmer with the lid on for 10-15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is gone. Stir frequently to keep the pasta from sticking.
5. Once pasta is fully cooked through, remove from heat and stir in the spinach. Stir it in and allow it to thaw and let the chunks break up. Serve Warm.