Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Doughnut In A Mug

   I'm back again! And yes, I DO love my single-serve, desserts in a cup. They are just soo simple and easy to make! The perfect size too when you are hungry. The nice thing about these doughnuts is that they do not yeast, and there is no "waiting time" for the doughnuts to rise for 30 minutes-1 hour. Now THAT is a huge pain! And I really don't have time for that.
  Anyways, I was hungry and craving a nice little snack, so I hopped on over to Pinterest and searched "in a mug recipes" where I found this lovely recipe from BestRecipes.com and knew I just had to do it! I also have a few pictures this time too, because who doesn't love pictures?



Step one: Combine the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a mug. I used a mug with a rounded bottom, so my doughnut came out rounded, but you can use any mug you have on hand.

Step two: Add in the egg and stir. It won't mix very well, just in case you think you did something wrong(I know I thought that). Then mix in the milk and the oil, it should have a creamy texture with a few bumpy spots in it.





Step three: Cook in the microwave in 30 second increments, or until the top has set. Mine cooked for 1.5 minutes. Then, use a knife to loosen edges, and pop out doughnut onto a plate. You can cut the doughnut as well, to make smaller sizes.


You can see the rounded bottom, that was just because of the cup used.
Step four: Mix the cinnamon and white sugar, then coat the doughnuts in them. If the sugar mixture isn't sticking, you can dip the doughnuts into melted butter first. Enjoy your mini doughnuts now!


Recipe:
3 Tablespoons self-raising Flour
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Egg, beaten
1 1/2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Tablespoon Oil

Topping:
1 Tablespoon White Sugar
1/4+ Cinnamon
Butter, Melted (if needed)

1. Put dry ingredients into a coffee mug, and mix. Add the egg.
2. Add the milk and oil, mix until everything is well incorporated.
3. Loosely cover the mug, and microwave in 30 second increments, or until the top has set.
4. Loosen up the edges of a doughnut with a knife, then dump it onto a plate. You can cut the doughnut into 2-3 pieces if desired. Then combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the doughnuts in the cinnamon-sugar until well coated, use melted butter if the mixture is not sticking.

Enjoy!


Recipe | Here       

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you made a blog! These look hellllla good.

    ReplyDelete