Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Salted Caramel Blondies

   First things first, sorry I did not have a new recipe for you guys last week. I have just been so dang busy! Also, it is difficult to bake in 100 degree heat, especially because the oven makes it even hotter! Well, today was a bit windy so I decided to do some baking, but then the heat picked up so I spent as little time in the kitchen as possible. Nonetheless, I still have a great recipe to share with you guys today!



I found this recipe on Pinterest, and the link lead me to this site, which actually(for once) had the actual recipe. I strongly dis-like when the link does not have a recipe on it! Anyways, it seemed like a quick and easy thing to make, and since it has caramel on it, it was a must bake. Because, who doesn't like caramel? I'm not judging if you do not like it, but everyone in my family sure does love it!




   First things first, you have to cream your butter and sugar. Call me strange, but I think that butter and sugar go well together, it has both a sweet taste and a nice texture! If you do not have a kitchen-aide(like me) you can just mix it by hand, or use an electric hand mixer. Either one works, as I have done both and you get almost the same results either way.




   Then take a spoon and mix in the egg, flour, vanilla, and salt. Soo, basically everything else except for the caramel. It does not look like there is a lot of batter, but the flour will make the batter puff up in the oven. You can take the back of the spoon or a rubber spatula to smooth the batter in the pan.




   Drop the caramel right onto the batter. It doesn't have to be perfect or anything, but try to evenly distribute it, if you can.




   Using a toothpick or a butter knife, and I used a toothpick, try to evenly spread out the caramel. Again, it is okay if its not perfect, the idea is just so that someone doesn't take a bite to find no caramel, because that would be terrible! Bake for 20-25 minutes, then let them cool completely before cutting! And if you cannot wait for it to cool completely, you will most certainly have a hard time trying to cut the bars!



Recipe:

Ingredients-

1/2 cup Butter, soft
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Egg
2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Flour
1/4 cup Salted Caramel Sauce

Directions-

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 pan.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then, mix in the egg, vanilla, salt, and flour until combined.
3. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan, then drop caramel on the top. Using a toothpick or a butterknife, sprea the caramel evenly across the top of the batter.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the blondies are a light brown. Cool completely before cutting.





Try this recipe? Tell me how it went below in the comments!
-Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment