Monday, May 15, 2017

Dairy Free Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars

Alright, first of all: there is no molasses. There is no full-lactose cream cheese. And these are about to be so addicting you wish to eat the entire pan. Right here, right now.


 
 

So, school is out and finals are (almost) over for me. That means I now have 3 semesters (or one full calendar year) left of college! Sadly the owner of Truckee Bagel has not yet offered my pastries up for sale in his stores, despite trying some of my (full dairy) pastries from my high school days. Well, I had some time off today and decided to make a new one!
 
I am not a huge fan of cheesecake unless it is homemade, and my mother makes the best cheesecake I have ever had! But now, sadly, I cannot eat regular cheesecake. But have no fear, I have another lactose-free solution to all my dairy problems! (And yours, if you are in the same boat. If not, feel free to make this recipe with regular dairy products, it will come out the same). However, snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie and my friend posted a video on facebook about this so I knew I had to try it!
 
This post is going to be a short one. I was so excited about making these that I totally forgot to photograph it along the way! Also, for all these pictures I just use my phone and an editing app, since I am not technologically advanced enough to have a real camera. The one picture I did get, however, was of the dough on top of the cheesecake mixture! I guess you could try to make double the dough to cover the whole pan, but it would be hard considering the dough does not smooth out very well once dropped into the filling. It comes out perfectly just the way it is.
 
As always, I use Green Valley Organics for the butter and cream cheese, and you can use exactly the same measurements as the original recipe found on Delish. The baking pan I have is ginormous, and the next smallest pan I have (an 8x8") still contains (box) lemon bars in them. Oh yes, I also have my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies in the cookie jar. So yes, I have a lot of baked goods right now. Anyways, the pan I have is way too big and everything is stretched a little thin, but it still tastes all the same!
 
 

Ingredients

Cheesecake:

2 blocks (16oz) Green Valley Organics Cream Cheese, soft
1/2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Pinch Salt
 

Snickerdoodle:

2 1/4 C. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 sticks Green Valley Organics Butter, melted
1 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon Sugar, for sprinkling
 

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
 
2. First, prepare the cheesecake mixture by creaming together the cream cheese and 1/2 C. sugar in a medium bowl. Then add in the eggs, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined. Set aside.
 
3. In a second medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside, and in a large bowl beat the butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined. Gradually mix in the flour mixture, mixing after each addition until just combined.
 
4. Press two-thirds of the dough into the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the dough, then pour the cream cheese mixture over the top. If needed, smooth with a spatula. Then, take the remaining snickerdoodle dough and sprinkle over the cheesecake. Top it off with some more cinnamon sugar before baking.
 
5. Bake until the edges and middle are set, which means little to no jiggle in the cheesecake, which is about 35-40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting with a knife.
 
 
 
Try this recipe? Let me know how it went down below!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment