So I have had the pleasure to get some snow today....well, some snow at least. At this point, anything is better than nothing! I just wish that it was sticking to the ground, making snow angels and snowmen are definitely fun!
Either way, snow and cold must mean only one thing... HOT CHOCOLATE!! I absolutely looove hot cocoa, and will make almost any excuse in order the drink it! Well, I stumbled across this recipe on the Pinterest cookies page, and knew that I would need an excuse to make these cookies (as well as a cup of hot cocoa to drink). The sad part is, I had to sacrifice my highly coveted marshmallows stash...but these cookies were definitely worth it!
The other nice thing about these cookies is the fact that they can be made with things around the kitchen! Aaand if you run out of cocoa powder, there is always hot chocolate packets to substitute for! I think a few of these cookies also have mini marshmallows from those packets...woops! Oh well, they still taste amazing either way(:
The dough itself is bowl-licking worthy! And just stirring everything together you get that nice, rich chocolate-y smell. Well, between chocolate chips and cocoa powder I don't think there could be any way these cookies could be more chocolate-y!
They do spread a little bit on the cookie sheet, so don't worry too much if your dough balls are a little large. I use a cookie portion scoop, so that is why my cookies turned out a pretty good size. The original recipe calls for using rounded teaspoons of dough, but it all determines on how many cookies you want and how big you want them to be.
Ooh look how pretty they came out to be! Depending on the size of your cookies, you could easily get a good 2-3 dozen. Pair them with a warm cup of hot chocolate and a nice book in front of the fire, and you are set for any rainy/snowy day!
1 cup Butter, soft
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Flour
2/3 cups Cocoa Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips
2 cups Marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix into butter mixture until well blended.
4. Fold in chocolate chips. Using rounded teaspoons (or a portion scoop) drop dough onto prepared sheet.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Take out of oven and immediately place 3 marshmallows on top of each cookie.
6. If a more goey marshmallow is desired, place cookies back into oven for another 1-2 minutes.
7. Cool cookies on a cooling rack, store in an airtight container.
Creates: 2-3 dozen
Try this recipe? Tell me how it went down below in the comments!