Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nerds Cupcakes


   So do you guys know about those SUUPER huge nerds boxes? Well, my dad got one down in Vegas thinking it would be full of just the candy....and bummed that it was all individual boxes. So these nerds have ending up in the candies bowl but nobody has eaten them! And what a better way to eat nerds than in a cupcake? 


   

    

   I guess you could try putting them in cookies, but the sour-ness of the nerds would kind of ruin it....or at least I think that is what would happen, but I don't know for sure. Buuuut nerds in cupcakes are different! I took this simple vanilla (vanilla) cupcake recipe and put in 8-10 boxes of nerds in the batter and viola, I have homemade funfetti cupcakes! 

   Granted, I only had purple and pink nerds, but it just so happened that I had pink and purple mini cupcake liners as well! Also, what is a good cupcake without icing? Since I have horrible (very horrible) luck with making icing, the icing on these cupcakes is just a cream cheese one I found in the fridge. Then to spice up the icing, why not put more nerds on top? 





   The tartness of the nerds blended well with the vanilla batter, and I was so so very pleased with how these came out! You think Funfetti cupcakes is your favorite? Well, these are ten times better. THAT is how amazing these cupcakes are!




   Since I made little cupcakes, they ended up coming out of the wazoo! Well, not literally but....you get what I mean. And what better to do with a million cupcakes than sell them at school? I don't take cupcakes often, but when I do they always sell out. I had people buying $5-$7 worth of cupcakes, yet they were only $0.25 each. (Personally I think it was the nerds on top that got them)

   All in all, this is a keeper recipe. You never know, there might be some leftover nerds next Halloween! And you know the best part about them? Well, other than the fact they are simple, but.... You can use any flavor nerds your heart desires. Go crazy with them! I think the rainbow nerds would look best for these cupcakes, but it is all based on preferences. Enjoy!





Recipe:


Ingredients:

2 3/4 c Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 c Butter, soft
2 c Sugar
4 Eggs, room temperature
1 c Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 c Nerds (any)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 (12 cup) muffin pans with paper lining.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add sugar gradually, then beat for 3 minutes until smooth.
4. Add in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
5. Add in dry ingredients with milk and vanilla alternatively, in 3 equal parts. Beat after each addition, but do not over mix.
6. Using a rubber spatula, fold in nerds until evenly distributed.
7. Fill paper liners 3/4 full, then bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.





Try this recipe? Tell me how it went below in the comments!

-Sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment