Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ice Cream Sundae Cookies


   Sooo.... my friends all know how much I love ice cream. I mean, I can eat it with breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday and be fine (as long as i get to change flavors every now and then). Well, ice cream and marshmallows (Mhmmm marshmallows).

   So when I come across this cookie recipe on Cookies and Cups that is the essence of ice cream in a cookie, of course I had to try it out! and ohmygoodness they are amazing! I would have used M&Ms if I had them, but I didn't so I used chocolate chip cookies instead. It just makes it so it has more of a chocolate chip taste to it, until you get a bite into the crisp waffle cone and get reminded that this is an ice cream cookie recipe!







   Any-who, first step in making (almost) all types of cookies is creaming the fat and the sugars. I used Margarine and brown sugar, which accounts for its almost-but-not-quite over-the-top-sweetness irresistible-ity. 
   Add in the egg and vanilla, stirring until combined.




   Now you have to mix in all your dry ingredients until well incorporated. the dough also starts to get its cookie dough-like look (and taste...if you are a taster)




   Take your chocolate chips M&Ms and ice cream cone crumbles and add them in with your batter. fold in everything, the smaller the crumbles the softer they will be in the cookie. Again, I did not have M&Ms, so I substituted for chocolate chips.
   Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the top has set. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool, then serve! they can be stored (airtight) for up to 3 days. Well, if they make it that long. I got about 2-3 dozen cookies out of this, it is all defendant on how much cookie dough goes into each cookie.



Recipe:


Ingredients:

1/2 c Butter, room temperature
3/4 c Brown Sugar, packed
1 Egg
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/3 c All-Purpose Flour
2 c Ice Cream Cones, crushed
1 c White Chocolate Chips
3/4 c M&Ms (or 1 c Chocolate Chips, any flavor)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in egg and vanilla; mix until incorporated.
4. Add in salt, baking powder, and flour; mix well.
5. Fold in chocolate chips, M&Ms, and crushed cones.
6. Drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
7. Transfer to a cooling rack. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.





Try this recipe? Tell me how it went down below in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment