So when I come across this cookie recipe on Cookies and Cups that is the essence of ice cream in a cookie, of course I had to try it out! and ohmygoodness they are amazing! I would have used M&Ms if I had them, but I didn't so I used chocolate chip cookies instead. It just makes it so it has more of a chocolate chip taste to it, until you get a bite into the crisp waffle cone and get reminded that this is an ice cream cookie recipe!
Any-who, first step in making (almost) all types of cookies is creaming the fat and the sugars. I used Margarine and brown sugar, which accounts for its almost-but-not-quite over-the-top-sweetness irresistible-ity.
Add in the egg and vanilla, stirring until combined.
Take your chocolate chips M&Ms and ice cream cone crumbles and add them in with your batter. fold in everything, the smaller the crumbles the softer they will be in the cookie. Again, I did not have M&Ms, so I substituted for chocolate chips.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the top has set. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool, then serve! they can be stored (airtight) for up to 3 days. Well, if they make it that long. I got about 2-3 dozen cookies out of this, it is all defendant on how much cookie dough goes into each cookie.
1/2 c Butter, room temperature
3/4 c Brown Sugar, packed
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/3 c All-Purpose Flour
2 c Ice Cream Cones, crushed
1 c White Chocolate Chips
3/4 c M&Ms (or 1 c Chocolate Chips, any flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in egg and vanilla; mix until incorporated.
4. Add in salt, baking powder, and flour; mix well.
5. Fold in chocolate chips, M&Ms, and crushed cones.
6. Drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
7. Transfer to a cooling rack. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Try this recipe? Tell me how it went down below in the comments!