Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

   First things first, Happy suicide prevention week! This week goes to those that have committed suicide at my school as well as everyone else that has tried (and/or succeeded  in suicide. Even though times may be rough, just know that there will always be someone out there that loves you. And if you don't believe that, then I love you. I love everyone, there is no doubt about it! And if anyone ever needs someone to talk to, then I am here to help you bake up a batch and listen to your troubles. Here's to a good week, and hopefully (we can only wish) that you will not commit suicide. We all love you, I love you. Please be safe 

 


   Now, on to the baking! This last weekend I was searching around on Pinterest for a new recipe to try. Not just new to this blog, but new to me too. I have always been a softy when it came to Snickerdoodles, but there was just too many weird ingredients in it that I didn't have at home. And then I found this recipe from a blog called Lil' Luna, which is too easy not to try! It was quite a quick one too.

   And since I sell these at school, I bakes them in cupcake tins instead of a cake pan. I also doubled the recipe found on the site, which made 2 dozen cupcakes. And boy did they sell fast! The original recipe called them Snickerdoodle Blondies, but they work well as cupcakes too. The thing about blondies is that they are soft and gooey  which many may not like that kind of texture. I definitely do, and so do my buyers! Either way, this is definitely a recipe to try, and a good one to add to the recipe book as well!


  


 Alright, so you should know the basics of baking by now. Have to mix it all up in a bowl! First the butter and sugar; then the egg, salt, and vanilla; and ending with the flour and cinnamon.




Then pour into prepared muffin tins(or two 8x8 pans) and sprinkle with your prepared cinnamon-sugar. Bake it! The muffins needed to be cooked 20-25 minutes, while the bars need to be cooked 25-30 minutes.




These are done as soon as the toothpick comes out clean. Then you can cool down and eat them! They are definitely amazing, and if they somehow manage to last longer than the first day, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.






Recipe:

Adapted from Lil' Luna


INGREDIENTS

2 cups Sugar
1 cup Butter, soft
2 Egg
1 tsp. Salt
4 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups Flour
3 tsp. Cinnamon
   Topping: 2 Tbsp. Sugar
                   2 tsp. Cinnamon


INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare muffin tins with cooking spray or paper liners. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Beat in the eggs, salt, and vanilla. Stir in the flour and cinnamon until well incorporated.
3. Pour mix into prepared muffin tins, then cook for 20-25 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.



*Note: The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup cinnamon chips. I didn't have any, so I substituted that for the cinnamon. You could easily swap the cinnamon out for 1 cup cinnamon chips.





Try this recipe? Tell me how it went down below in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment