Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

   Fall is almost upon us! And with this new season comes the flood of pumpkin recipes, sweatshirts, and (yes) even yoga pants. This is definitely the best time of the year to bake since there are soo many different recipes, and baking is also the quickest way to warm up the house!!
   So with this fall season, I wanted to try some different recipes. And I have definitely had a hankering for caramel lately, so I visited Pinterest and found this Milky Way Salted Caramel Cookie recipe! So, of course, I was super excited and went down to the store to get some candy, and guess what. Guess what. They were completely out. All of Walmart was out of the Caramel Milky way, and I was thinking what now? Now I dont have a fancy smartphone so I couldn't just look for a recipe to create, and I really didn't want to go back to Walmart again, then BING! An Idea came to me! Why can't I buy Hershey's Caramel Kisses and bake them inside my Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe? So that is what I did, and here is my wonderful journey to a happy tummy!


Yay for Caramel Kisses!! I saw these candies and came up with the recipe immediately  And I sure was glad I did, they turned out amazing! So first this first is that you are going to want to create the basic chocolate chip cookie batter, which you can find here.



Then you will take the dough from the basic recipe and roll into little balls encasing the kisses. It is fairly easy to do, and if the dough isn't cooperating, just add some more flour to it. Not a lot, but enough to make the dough tangible. It always comes out different fr me, so there is definitely no set measurements for extra flour. Make sure they are covered all the way, although the tip can stick out a little bit, it isn't a big deal.



See! All closed into it's own little ball. Drop onto ungreased pans about 2 inches apart, they will spread but not too much. The more baking soda you put into the basic recipe, the more it will spread.




Then when they are all covered and ready to bake, stick them in the oven!! They bake for the same time as a normal chocolate chip recipe. And if you happen to look in the oven periodically and see that the cookie looks flat while the Hershey stands tall, don't worry; it will all even out in it's own time.



Recipe:

INGREDIENTS

Prepared cookie dough~ I use this recipe
1 package Caramel Hershey Kisses


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Take prepared cookie dough and roll in a ball, encasing the Caramel Kiss completely.
2. Drop onto un-greased cookie sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are a light brown.



That's It!







Try this recipe? Tell me how it went down below in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment