Thursday, October 24, 2013

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

   So I have definitely made this recipe before, and everyone I know loved it! It combines our basic chocolate chip cookie with any kind of oreo, based upon your preference  Every time I go to school with these they all sell out, no matter what the price is. They are super sweet too, I definitely know I can't eat more than two of these, still gooey, right out of the oven. Ugh I want to make them again just thinking about it! And you can use any type of oreos as well, I just use the Double-Stuf Oreos so people get the most bang out of their buck.

   Other than trying to bake for school on a daily basis, school is going fine. I got my progress report and got great grades, which I am totally happy about! Also, we get Friday (10.25) off as a holiday! This weekend I have a Halloween Party at a friends house, and then just helping clean up around my own for the ritual weekend cleaning. Soo much fun!! Not. And I won't get to bake for three days either, because I rarely bake for home since my family doesn't eat what I make. Oh well, I know everyone at school will!

   Back to the baking. I found this recipe after my friends would not stop bugging me about it! So I searched and I searched for a recipe that would suit my needs, then I stumbled upon a website called Tablespoon, and found this recipe there. Now, the recipe on the site says that this makes 2 dozen cookies, but it all depends on how much dough you encase the oreo in. I make mine a little thicker around the oreo, but thats only because I use Double-Stuf Oreos.








First you have to make your cookie dough! Without this, this whole recipe would not work. A simple cookie dough recipe could work, or even cookie dough from the store if you are in a hurry. I just like using the one from the original recipe, it is soooo good!




Then you take your Oreo, and encase it with the cookie dough. A good way to start is with some under the cookie, then wrap it around lightly. I say lightly because the Oreo itself can be fragile and might even break if you press too hard.




When the Oreos are completely covered, they will look like this (roughly). This is a pretty good sized pan, but I only have three cookies in a row because they will expand. Not too much, but enough to know you could not possible fit another cookie per row. Then just stick them in the oven, and then after you take them out they are finished!





RECIPE:

INGREDIENTS:

I cup Butter, soft3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed1 cup Sugar2 Large Eggs1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract3 1/2 cups Flour1 teaspoon Salt1 teaspoon Baking Soda10 oz bag Chocolate Chips1 package Oreo Cookies (any flavor)

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients with the chocolate chips, then stir until combined.
3. Encase each Oreo with the prepared dough, pressing and cupping the dough to completely cover the Oreo.
4. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet (they will expand) and bake 9-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack, cool, and enjoy!








Try this recipe? Tell me how it went below in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment