Friday, August 30, 2013

Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins

Sorry I haven't been able to post much, I have just been soooo busy! Between school and my baking sales.... I wonder how I find time to do other things! At school the baking sales are a little low, but that it because it's the beginning of the year, and word hasn't spread yet. Soon though, I will be selling out and baking like crazy!!
   Once again I settled with a simple recipe for the week. Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins, a Pinterest recipe you can also find here. Oh yeah, and I have a whole board full of cupcakes, cakes, and other desserts if you wanted to check that out! Now remember, those aren't my recipes, just all the recipes I liked or wanted to try on Pinterest!


First you will want to mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Pretty simple, right? I sure hope so!
Next, in another bowl, you will want to mix the sugar, oil, milk, and egg together until it is one big happy mixture! It might take a bit of mixing, the oil never wants to cooperate, and apparently the egg didn't want to either. Huh, I have some frisky ingredients!
Add your frisky mix in with the dry ingredients, and stir stir stir to get everything well incorporated  Like one happy mixture, I suppose. Just don't over-mix it, then your muffins will never rise! I leave lots of little bumpy things in my batter, that way my cupcakes are fluffy and have rounded tops!

Now Bake them!! It shouldn't take long, and they always make the house smell good. Come to think of it, baking in general makes a house smell good!Anyways, when they are done baking melt some butter in a little cup and dip the muffins in the melted butter. Now, I sell these so I have wrappers around my muffins, but if you don't, feel free to cover those muffins! Then dip (or roll) the muffins in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Enjoy!



Recipe:
1 3/4 cups Flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
1 cup Milk
For the cinnamon sugar topping:
1/4 cup Butter, Melted
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ and grease or line your muffin tins. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside for now.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, sugar, and oil until well combined. Then, take the egg mixture and combine with the flour mixture; stir until combined.
3. Bake 15-18 minutes (10-12 for mini cupcakes), or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Melt the butter, and then coat the muffins while hot. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a different bowl; dip the muffins in mixture. 
5. Let cool so the butter and sugar can harden a bit before serving. Refridgerate any leftovers in an airtight container.

Note: these are best served fresh out of the oven, but they can last for up to 3 days
Try this recipe? Tell me how it went down below in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment