Monday, May 12, 2014

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies

   It is almost the end of the school year, which means last minute college stuff and finals to take at school. It just so happened, one of my AP tests landed on the day I was supposed to bake in my culinary class sooo my "make-up lab" just ended up being this weeks recipe! This one is a recipe my teacher has had for many years, so there is not really an original recipe here on the internet. I will admit, I was a little skeptical about this recipe at first, because I did not think that Peanut Butter and Butterscotch would go well together. But today I was proved wrong!



   They taste just like a Peanut Butter cookie, so the butterscotch gives it a nice little kick. Now, the recipe calls for white chocolate and butterscotch swirled chips, but I could not find those at walmart, so I just used 1/2 a bag of each. I sure hope my teacher will not mind, but they came out amazing anyways! They do look flat, but they are soft and not really crunchy like I thought they would be at first.




   The peanut butter, butter, and sugars will all be creamed together, until it is smooth with no chunks in it, then the eggs will be beaten in one at a time, then the vanilla mixed in last. This could all be done in a KitchenAide mixer, but as I do not have one I use the old electric hand beaters.




   And the best thing about them is that you can lick all the dough off of it! That used to be my favorite thing to do when I was a kid, it was always so rewarding the be able to lick those! The peanut butter mixture will be set to the side, then combine the dry ingredients into a separate the bowl. Now, gradually mix that into the peanut butter mixture, until it is all combined and has a cookie dough consistency.




   With a spoon or spatula, fold in the chips until they are evenly distributed. This part was difficult for me since I am really loving those butterscotch chips! Well, the dough too...I would eat the entire bowl of dough if it was not needed for school!!




   Using a portion scoop, or two large tablespoons, drop the dough onto an un-greased baking sheet, then bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Good luck letting them cool before eating!



Recipe:

 Makes: 4 dozen cookies

Ingredients:

1c Butter, Soft
1c Creamy Peanut Butter
1c Sugar
1c Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1tsp Vanilla
2 1/4c Flour
2tsp Baking Soda
1/4tsp Salt
10oz White Chocolate&Butterscotch swirled chips

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and in a large bowl cream the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then mix in the vanilla. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually mix into the peanut butter mixture, then fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the cookies are a golden brown. Cool on the pan for 3 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.





Try this recipe? Tell me how it went down below!




No comments:

Post a Comment